AWS Trusted Advisor
Trusted Advisor inspects the AWS environment to make recommendations for system performance, saving money, availability and closing security gaps
Trusted Advisor checks the following four categories
- Cost Optimization
- Recommendations that can potentially save money by highlighting unused resources and opportunities to reduce your bill.
- Identification of security settings and gaps, inline with the best practices, that could make the AWS solution less secure
- Fault Tolerance
- Recommendations that help increase the resiliency and availability of the AWS solution by highlighting redundancy shortfalls, current service limits, and over-utilized resources.
- Recommendations that can help to improve the speed and responsiveness of the applications
- Service Limits (Circa Nov 2017 - Latest Addition)
- Checks for service usage that is more than 80% of the service limit.
- Values are based on a snapshot, so the current usage might differ.
- Limit and usage data can take up to 24 hours to reflect any changes